Best Glucometer in India 2017 : Top 3 Brands Reviewed
In this modern world of technology, medical science is growing day by day. Diabetes being a major issue in today’s world, we will talk about a medical device that is used to measure the amount of glucose in the blood known as Glucometer.
There are many types of Glucometers, like
1. Glucometers of Hospitals: These Glucometers have a size of somewhat a remote control and powered by small batteries. These are used to measure the exact glucose levels in the hospitals.
2. Noninvasive Glucometers: It was a product that used to measure the glucose levels by electrically pulling in from the skin. Although it was removed from the market in short period as it damaged the skin of various patients.
3. Continuous Glucometers: These types of Glucometers consist of a disposable sensor which is inserted inside your skin. As the sensor and the reader in the machine are connected, it provides the glucose level directly to the machine. The sensor can be used for a couple of days and then you need to change it.
Importance of Glucometer:
• Glucometer is a life-saving tool for the diabetic patients.
• It is small, portable and checks the sugar and glucose levels to determine which food to consume and what medicines to take to keep the sugar levels in control.
• If you face any illness or come under stress, you can have an idea of how all these factors affect your Glucose level.
• You can get an idea of your glucose levels at home and decide when to visit your doctor.
Top 3 Best Glucometers in India 2017 & Reviews
[content-egg module=Amazon template=item]
What all things should we keep in mind while Purchasing Glucometer?
• Which Glucometer is best for you? If we talk about the best, there is nothing such. It’s preferable that you consult a Doctor and go according to their suggestions, as a well experienced person can provide you with the best product possible.
• What will be the cost of the Glucometer? Glucometer are sometimes more pricey than expected. Some Glucometer don’t even provide the strips which we have to purchase separately, this increases the price of it to a huge amount. If you have an insurance, then firstly have a look on the plan as some company set up a limit to pay per year.
• What does an Insurance cover? It is very important to have a proper knowledge about what all things are approved by the insurance company. Most of the companies have selected range of meters and you have to choose from them to claim the insurance and also have a look whether the company claims an insurance of the cost of the additional testing strips and supplies or not.
• How to use this meter? The steps vary from product to product. Usually it is totally explained on the box and very easy to use.
• Device stores the reading or not? Having a record of your readings is quite important for a long term care. Some devices create some readings that you can get on later and also some devices also get sync with the computer and you can download the files form there.
We have gone through a number of Glucometers and their use. It is always good to have a Glucometer at home if you are diabetic. Keep track of your blood glucose levels. As these are precautionary measures, don’t forget to be in touch with your doctor for better treatment and to stay healthy.